Sunday, January 8, 2012

Steps to being happy.

I'm hoping people won't judge my qualifications for determining steps to their happiness, I'm just sharing what seems to be working for me.
So this is post number one, and a few examples of things that make me happy. I am not going to give you the cliche "Fall in love and give someone your soul blah blah blah." BUT, these are genuine easily accomplished lists.
First off: Find your best friends and do something stupid. I'm not talking about the people you can't act yourself around, or the people who make you look good. I am talking about the kind of people you can awkwardly sit in silence with and it's completely normal. Yeah, we know, we're cool.

Next: Instead of all that coffee you drink, let's try some tea kids. I'm serious, it literally makes you feel one with Gandhi. Okay, maybe not that far. But it still helps. Also, try yoga. If you're peaceful in your body, hopefully your mind can get there too. :) Oh, and try Chai Tea, it's kind of the best thing in the world.


Third: And this is just a fact; EVERYONE should have a journal. Or two...or three. I have thirteen. (don't judge) They are a really great way to get rid of your stressful thoughts, and if you don't like to write journal entries, just free write, or try stream of consciousness. If all else fails, draw a pretty picture and put it on your fridge, as long as you have some sort of artistic/stress outlet.

Here are three of my favorite:)




Fourth: Fall in love...WITH A SPORT. Go out and get some exercise! For me, it's swimming and diving and walking and biking! I love to be in the water, and running really isn't my thing. It makes you feel really good, and it's super healthy....obviously.
(one of my senior pictures)


Fifth: Find something small and become obsessed with it. You know how people say, "It's the little things in life...." Yeah well that is true as it turns out. I have this thing for earrings and headbands. I have wayyy too many.. But, they make me happy! (And now I am really easy to shop for ;)) I always carry an extra headband on me, and without my "ear decorations", I feel naked... 

Erik and I had fun on Toga day :) *Note the headband and the feather earrings.


Finally number six: MUSIC. And I cannot say this enough. Music will always help with ANY situation. (My opinion.) So I am obsessed beyond obsessed with Coldplay. And their music is so universal to me that I always have them on repeat on my iPod, (which is on me at all times btw.) Yeah, they kind of rock. Music will "heal the soul" and it can say what you can't. <3 I play three different instruments and hope to continue for well into the rest of my life.
I got Coldplay tickets for Christmas. NBD.


So this is all I have for today, kids. Six simple steps to becoming a happier, more relaxed person. This may not work for everyone, you need to find your own balance of loves in life.

Until next time you beautiful people,
-Sof



1 comment:

  1. Omg i luv youre blog!!1! Its so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete