Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lazy weekend post and trying to be present

It’s a beautiful and sunny Saturday here in Morocco and I finally have some time to sit down and catch up on work, rest, and…everything!
This weekend I decided not to travel anywhere, even though I had a couple opportunities presented to me. Instead, I am taking this weekend to reflect and get some research work done!

Sushi date with beautiful Lauren
To my surprise and delight, research is going really well! I have finally started my interviews and have received lots of help from my Moroccan friends here. (*PHEW*) On another note, today - after attending a charity lunch with some friends - I am planning on getting in a Saturday homework session. It’s been a while since I've had one of these, but the way I am hoping to slide through my next, and final month here, I have to be on my game with work. There’s no time like the present!

As far as reflecting and me-time goes… I have to be honest. It’s been a rough week for me emotionally and mentally. There are some personal things happening in my life both here in Morocco and back home I wish I could control more. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to remember to be present and try to not dwell on what we cannot control. Most importantly, to remember that there is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
Last night I had a sushi date with my great friend Lauren Boyd. She is such a special person to me, (a fellow Gemini, as well) and it had been a while since we’d had a chance to catch up. It was wonderful and I went to bed feeling loved and refreshed.
Milkshakes!
Besides Lauren, I have been reflecting a lot on the good friends I have met here. Many of you may know how important friendships and relationships are to me, so I have been doing my best to make nothing gets in the way of spending time with the people I care about. Trying not to let the negativity or petty drama influence my thinking. (That was a very vague and loaded statement, but humor me.)

As for what’s coming up, next weekend we have some very exciting plans; a trip to the SAHARA!!!! I am so, SO excited to head to the south of Morocco, as it’s somewhere I have not been on my trip yet.
Another thing I want to address is my spring break post, I have been exceptionally busy since I returned from my trip. My cousin was here for 10 days, I got food poisoning, and have had massive amounts of homework on top of it all. But I promise, the spring break stories are currently being worked on, and that should (theoretically) be my next post.

That’s all for now! Off to enjoy some sunshine!
Love,

Sofia xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment