Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm on deadline!!

Hello beautiful people!

I don't remember if I mentioned to you guys or not that I got a job as a writer for our college newspaper?? If I did...then I am sorry for the repetition. If not; CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??

Anyway, the reason for this post is not to reiterate that I now, have a job. It's to tell you that today at precisely 5:06, I was emailed my first assignment...DUE TOMORROW. Yeah! This job is crazy and insane and I LOVE IT! I had to bike an hour through Saint Paul, (an area I am not at all familiar with) to get to this restaurant called the Chatterbox Pub, (check it out if you're ever in the area, it's great!) to interview the owner and a few customers. Now, remember, I was sent this assignment around 5, didn't get it until about 5:30 after diving practice, had to shower in minutes to get my butt on over there. After the interview, the owner gave me a complimentary meal!! It was delicious! *ahh the perks of being a journalist ;)
I arrived back to campus at about 8:45- and I JUST finished my story, after downing a grade Chai tea latte from Starbucks. :)

*breathes* Tomorrow right after communications class, I have to run over to my staff meeting with the Oracle (the paper name).
And I still need to finish my homework for tonight...Ahhhh busy busy busy..
Keep breathing everyone!!

-Sof

No comments:

Post a Comment